Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Wrap up and Top 10

So this has been my first year (or I guess half year) of blogging. And while it started off okay, I had a pretty challenging second half of the year. I tried to keep up with reading and reviewing but struggled quite a bit. I only read 55 out of my 100 books on my Goodreads challenge. I also didn't do many reviews, but hopefully I will be able to post more next year.

I have been so thankful to those who have supported me though this year, especially to Sunny, Francoise and Joy who are bloggers that have been such great support. Also to all the publishers who have been so kind and welcoming to me.

Out of the 55 books I did read there were some amazing ones, and some would be in my top fave books of all time.

Here are my top 10 books/authors/series that I have read this year:




1 - Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas.

I can't believe I only discovered this series this year, it feels like I read them so long ago! But this is the series that got me back into fantasy and made me fall in love with Chaol Westfall.

2 - Rainbow Rowell

I read both Fangirl and Eleanor and Park this year and they were so beautifully written. It is hard to come by contemporaries that are a good mix of lightness and seriousness, and Fangirl was exactly the right mix being one of my favorites. Eleanor and Park made me cry it was so heartbreaking. Rainbow has become one of my favourite authors to re-read.

3 - Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
I absolutely love the Vampire Academy world and the next book in the Bloodlines series did not disappoint. I loved how it had Richelle Mead's usual cliffhanger and unexpected twists but still had the characters we know and love.

4 - The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancy

I was a bit worried that the sequel to The 5th Wave would ruin it, however I was proved totally wrong, I stayed up all night to finish this and was not disappointed!


5 - Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Probably my most anticipated read of 2014 was a perfect contemporary, however I enjoyed it because it was a little different from Stephanie Perkins normal structure.


6 - Solitaire by Alice Oseman

Unexpectedly Solitaire blew me away. I wasn't sure what to expect when I read this, but Solitaire was a raw and honest books that explored what it's like to be a teenager and how life is not always easy to live.

7 - Falling Kingdom series by Megan Rhodes

Although this series was complicated to follow all the characters at the beginning it was a fantastic fantasy read and I loved the first two in the series.

8 - City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

I was very skeptical about this book after I had not enjoyed the 4th and 5th in this series, however I found it was a brilliant end to the series.

9 - Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington

I discovered Jessica Shirvington this year and loved everything she has written. Between the Lives was my absolute favorite though, it made me laugh and cry.

10 - Just One Night by Gayle Forman

Although it is really a novella, I am sneaking Just One Night in because it was just the most perfect end to all the questions I had after Just One Day/Just One Year.

I'm looking forward to 2015 which will hopefully be a year for more reading and one which I become a better blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment